The basic requirement for admission into the Ph.D program is the completion of an MA in Applied Linguistics, Linguistics, English Language Teaching or related fields, with a GPA of at least 3.25.
A PhD student presenting at an international conference
Qualifications of the candidates
- A master’s degree in Applied Linguistics, Linguistics, English Language Teaching or related fields from accredited institutions with a GPA of at least 3.25
- Good English proficiency. The candidates should have at least 230 for TOEFL or 6.5 for IELTS
- Should have teaching experience or work in educational field or English language teaching
- The candidates should have at least 230 for TOEFL or 6.5 for IELTS (within 2 years after taking the tests) and pass an English interview examination conducted by the Post graduate Committee of the Department of Language Studies.
- Passing the written examination (in case they do not have the TOEFL or IELTS scores as required) and an English interview examination.
- Research proposal accepted by the Postgraduate Committee.
- The candidates who choose to study Plan A which is research-oriented must have experience in doing research when they studied in the MA programme or have conducted some research.
Deadline for application
- End of November to start in January (for Plan A and Plan B) .
- End of June to start in August (For Plan A only).
Plan B applicants can also apply by the end of June to start the programme later in January.
PhD Research Proposal Information
In order to demonstrate your interest and readiness for the PhD programme, you must submit a research proposal together with the application form. The proposal should be a 1,000-word description of the proposed research and should include the following components:
Working title of the research
A paragraph or two summarising what you will do, why you want to do it and how you will do it (it should not be more than 150 words).
Background of the Study
In this section, you should justify why you want to do the research and the significance of your research study.
Brief Literature Review
You should demonstrate your knowledge about your proposed area of research by showing the theoretical framework within which you will work and the key arguments concerning your field of interest.
You have to provide the specific purpose stated in the form of a question.
You have to demonstrate an awareness of the research tools you propose to use and the methods of analysing the data obtained.
You should give a rough overview of the stages you propose to undertake in conducting your research.
Present the research proposal together with your application form and/or the TOEFL or IELTS scores.
Online application : http://admission.kmutt.ac.th/
Admissions Schedule for Thai students (within November 27, 2023) : Click
Admissions Schedule for International students (within October 31, 2023) : Click